RE: help with terminology, pleeze

Subject: RE: help with terminology, pleeze
From: "Wade Courtney" <courtney -at- hsq -dot- com>
To: "'Wright, Lynne'" <lwright -at- positron911 -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:14:42 -0800

How about parent and child.

- When describing a tree structure, we don't want to use nodes and
leaves to describe elements in our user guides, which are targetted
towards average joes, not programmers. Are there standard colloquial
replacements? ie. items and sub-items, or elements and sub-elements?

- Split windows are divided into panes. Fine. But in a single window,
would you still call the white rectangular area used to display
information a pane? Or is there another term that's better: ie. 'display

Are you talking about a windows application or a web-based application?
If it's windows based you could use work area or window, if its
web-based then you could just refer to it as the browser.



Wade Courtney
Sr. Technical Writer
HSQ Technology
Promote Safety . . . Every Day !

help with terminology, pleeze: From: Wright, Lynne

Previous by Author: RE: Speed menu vs shortcut menu
Next by Author: RE: Mousepad or mouse pad?
Previous by Thread: help with terminology, pleeze
Next by Thread: Re: help with terminology, pleeze

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads