Re: Printing paragraph style information from FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Printing paragraph style information from FrameMaker
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:40:35 -0800

"John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com> wrote in message news:229364 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-
<snip>
>There are more than 100 paragraph styles defined in
>a main chapter document.
>The default style information list ened up being nearly
>200 pages long. I ended up copying all the content into
>a blank Word document, then reducing the text size
>and creating a 3-column document to make it a manageable
>50 pages.

Why did you move them into a Word document...the plygin creates a
separate FM document, just use that, I also changed the output columns,
but to two column.

Because I know Word's search and replace better than I do Frame's and it
allowed me to do quick reformatting.

After that, I tweaked the program's .fm file that it uses for a template and
got an even better result, but with a quirk that I was unable to work
around. I made the body text 8pt and also made it run-in heading style. As a
result, I got everything paragraphed together, but the problem is that the
last paragraph runs into the heading of the next section, and I don't know
how to force the heading paragraph to start on a new line.

Chuck Martin