Re: name for expand/collapse button

Subject: Re: name for expand/collapse button
From: "Edwin Skau" <edskau -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:34:56 +0530

Hi Pat,

What do you mean by wordy? That 'Expand' and 'Collapse' are actual, complete
words? I thought the point was about how apt a term was.

Other words, uh, names you could choose from:
Open/Close
Gain/Lose
Grow/Shrink
Fold/Unfold
Major/Minor
Diminish/Augment
Show/Hide
Nee/RIP
Raise/Suppress
Flash/Bobbit

Remind me to copyright this list so I can claim them as my own like the
InfoPam and InfoDice guys.

kidding

-eddy

P.S. If you call your pane Bill, you could call the collapse button Jill,
and the expand one Mon. That would be less wordy. And if you got slapped
with a defamation suit, think of all the free marketing your application
would get!!!