RE: Re: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started

Subject: RE: Re: Re: Best idea of the week, make that year. Yeah, yeah, I know the year just started
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 23 Feb 2004 20:05:14 GMT

------- Original Message -------
On
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:48:32 -0800 Chuck Martin?wrote:

>Why does a separate account have to be opened for each >product? Isn't the "account" with the company? The
>company that sells one product or the company that sells
>one thousand.

Yes, and for the company that sells only one product, the
solution to the problem is simple: open the account using
the name of the product. At least until you release a
second product.

>But the issue wasn't (apparently) one of companies vs. >accounts, but that an intermediary's name was on the
>credit card statement, not the company that sold the
>product.

Yes, but the end result is the same: the credit card
bill carries the name of the account used to run the
charge. In this case, the bill not only doesn't tell
you what the product was, but also not who the actual
merchant was when thar merchant isn't the holder of the
account. But as someone else mentioned, just because
one company found it a problem, it doesn't follow that
everyone does. Some customers are probably quite happy
that their accout says "Digibuy," instead of "Fredrick's
of Hollywood" when their spouse checks their account
online.

Gene Kim-Eng