QUIET WORKPLACE ! ! !

Subject: QUIET WORKPLACE ! ! !
From: dan -dot- gallagher -at- pulsartech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:01:49 -0500

I feel your pain.

The first 3 years of my gig here, not only did I share a "closet", err, I
mean office with a person who everybody had to stop and talk with, but
there were lots of clattering relays being tested outside the office. It
was hard to shut the door of my closet with another person in here. And I
would often have to just STOP and wait for either the talking to stop or
the relays to stop their crazy clattering. Eventually I got my office to
myself and the noise got relocated before I started making a stink about
it. Now it's quiet, but I DEFINITELY understand the need for quiet to
write. Unfortunately many managers don't think about our need for quiet. So
your situation is very typical in my opinion.

I think this falls into the category of "I just don't get any respect" in
the words of Mr. Dangerfield.

Daniel Gallagher -- Technical writer/Graphic designer
Pulsar Technologies, Inc.
4050 N.W. 121 Ave. Coral Springs, FL 33065 U.S.A.
954-344-9822 ext. 243 http://www.pulsartech.com