RE: RoboHelp/Online Help Presentations?

Subject: RE: RoboHelp/Online Help Presentations?
To: 'Anachie Shakespear' <omath -at- lycos -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:11:33 -0500

Anachie Shakespear [mailto:omath -at- lycos -dot- com] wanted to know:

> Does anyone out there have any presentation slides that relate to:
>
> 1. Why you should move from hardcopy documentation to Online
> Help?--the benefits, advantages, etc.
>
> 2. How to move from from hardcopy documentation to Online Help?
>
> 3. Generally, anything that relates to these topics.

Well, the "why" that finally got me to switch over from
paper and PDFs was..... drum roll, please.... my company
was bought by a company that had started using WebHelp in
place of their earlier documentation.

Of course, the combined company was recently bought again,
and the manager who made the original decision has moved
on to greener pastures, so I can't inquire as to why she
felt compelled.

Drat.

/kevin (formerly of Chrysalis, currently of Rainbow, soon to
be of SafeNet)