Re: IT documentation

Subject: Re: IT documentation
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: John Posada <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:05:24 -0500

John Posada wrote:

If your job is to create comprehensive documentation, then if you do it
well, you are doing your job well and isn't that what some promotions
are for?

No, it has not been my experience that people get promoted for doing their jobs well. I no longer imagine the existence of a corporation where such a system can succeed for long; it is entirely inconsistent with the logic of corporate hierarchies. Didn't we just have this conversation, John?

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]