RE: Consulting books?

Subject: RE: Consulting books?
From: Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- aps -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:27:34 -0700

George asks:
I need to learn more about the business/marketing side of being a
consultant. Can anyone recommend any good books to get started?
Professional organizations for grant writers or freelance writers? Web
based tools to help one manage one's business? Any other suggestions?

----
I would suggest the Freelance email list. Very helpful people.
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/freelance.html

Also check out Hope Clark's Yahoo Group "Funds for Writers". She is a
grant writer and often includes Grant writing information in her
newsletter. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FundsforWriters

Also check out her website. She also offers Grants for writers and paid
subscription newsletters with more information than Funds for Writers.
I just dabble, so I just use the freebie, so I cannot state the quality
of the subscription newsletters, but all the samples I have seen from
her are very high quality. http://www.fundsforwriters.com/

Rose A. Wilcox
Center for Process Excellence, CHQ 8th Floor
602-250-3195
Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- aps -dot- com

"You're looking at me blankly, so I clearly have not communicated."
-Prof. Robert Mauro as quoted on:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~mbarlow/profquotes.html

"MMS <apsc.com>" made the following annotations.
--- NOTICE ---
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or printout. Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.