Search tools revisited

Subject: Search tools revisited
From: "Elizabeth O'Shea" <elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:29:27 -0000

In January I asked for recommendations of search tools to add to our
documentation CD-ROM. I still haven't made any decision (and I haven't
had time to consider the options), so this is not a summary.

But I have found this: www.searchtools.com, which seems a fairly
comprehensive site covering reviews, theory-behind-search, and so forth.
It's maintained by a search consultancy (disclosure: I have no interests
in or connections to this company). Successful searching!

elizabeth

Elizabeth OShea
Documentation
Virtual Access (Irl) Ltd.
Unit 18
Trinity Enterprise Centre
Pearse Street
Dublin 2
Ireland
e: elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com
t: +353 1 6041816
f: +353 1 6705380