RE: Promotion (was RE: IT documentation

Subject: RE: Promotion (was RE: IT documentation
From: "John Posada" <JPosada -at- isogon -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:40:57 -0500

>What are some of these bottom-line
>improving strategies?
>John, you are not likely to ever come
>to Ottawa seeking consultant work
>(snowy and wet and cold and ick-ick-ick
>located in Canada.... :-), so any
>hints that you give away to me won't be
>stepping on your own future income
>opportunities. Ahem.

Nobody except the person in an organization can look around and supply
suggestions. It's one of those things that you know when you see it. I'm
also not saying that this is a guaranteed course of action and there
could be other factors negating the effort. However, I firmly believe
that we, as a profession, are not doing enough proactive activity on a
daily basis...how else can we explain how many people bitch about the
lack of respect and recognition.

Let me give you a recent example. The first part is a message I sent out
yesterday morning, then following is the response from the Director of
Product Mngmnt (This is a long response, so feel free to hit the delete
key now)