Re: Which image format-Clarification

Subject: Re: Which image format-Clarification
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 06:49:56 -0800 (PST)

Actually,

1) I recommend a good working relationship with your
print vendor (not a job-by-job one like we have here).

2) I recommend a vendor with a decent RIP, PS level 3.

3) Some knowledgeable Adobe folks also have
recommended letting the printer handle the RGB, so it
ain't just me (heck, I don't do color at this gig).

4) You should never have surprises. Set the job up
right, establish a relationship, make it so.

--- Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> wrote:
> Well, that's easy for you to say. But it may or may
> not solve the
> problem Wade posed. It depends on how smart the RIP
> is that the offset
> house uses to convert the submitted file to printing
> plates. Myself, I'd
> rather control the RGB-to-CMYK conversion and
> resolution issues on my
> end unless I already had a good working relationship
> with the printer. I
> don't like surprises after the presses start to
> roll.

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://search.yahoo.com