Re: Which image format

Subject: Re: Which image format
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:56:40 -0800 (PST)

Why PDF? Cos you can see it and it prints the same off
the PostScript-compatible RIP.

PS? Then you gotta fuss around and get the right
drivers and settings, etc.

Compression is up to you. I use ZIP compression but,
for some, JPEG works. You can choose none.

Finally, serious print shops should be up to speed
with PDF by now. If they are not, pass them by. Evolve
or die.

--- Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com> wrote:

> I'm curious: why PDF and not PostScript? Doesn't
> Acrobat compress images
> using JPG when it creates a PDF file?

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://search.yahoo.com