RE: Which image format

Subject: RE: Which image format
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "'David Neeley'" <dbneeley -at- oddpost -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:33:09 -0500

::: Again, that depends upon the printer and what they can most
::: conveniently handle. For example, I recently did a job in
::: which the printer could most conveniently handle InDesign
::: files, which is what the particular piece was created in.

If a printer cannot most conveniently handle my desired format then they are
not most convenient for me. Period. Sorry, but this is business, not a
happy, bend a little forward bend a little back relationship. My deadlines,
my requirements, my money. Put out or shove off.

I hate to be blunt, but there is absolutely no reason why a print vendor who
wants to remain competitive should not be able to except an electronic file
set up and ready for press in the year 2004.

::: Imposition systems at the printer are critical, and trying
::: to manipulate a .pdf is cumbersome using some of these
::: systems.

Systems current with the technology do not have these problems.

::: In addition, from the source files it is somewhat
::: easier to do separations.

I challenge you to prove that.

::: However, I am curious: why do you *never, ever* send source
::: files to a printer? What "evils" do you avoid in this process?

Error.

Bill Swallow
wswallow "at" nycap "dot" rr "dot" com