RE: Which image format

Subject: RE: Which image format
From: "Cook, John" <John -dot- Cook -at- camtronics -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:01:59 -0600

::: He's concerned about the color depth, but if the manuals
::: are printed in
::: B&W the images will be in grayscale, so color won't matter will it?

Our situation is a little different. While our *print* manuals will end up
in black and white, the *pdf* (parked on a workstation desktop) is in color.
We're using FrameMaker and using one book to produce a number of different
formats (our book also uses WebWorks Publisher Pro to produce MS HTML Help).
Therefore, we need to make sure our graphics can support a number of
different (sometimes competing) end results.

John Cook
Technical Writer
Technical Information Services Group
Camtronics Medical Systems