Re: My New tcolumn

Subject: Re: My New tcolumn
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:34:38 -0800

Erika Yanovich wrote:

How about migrating to OO? Companies have lots of existing stuff and TWs are obviously interested in this process. What will get lost? Is it complicated? What's the pay-off, etc. Also, from the business point of view, the most frightening question is 'what if something goes wrong'?

Erika (and anyone else who might be interested):

Thanks for the suggestions. I've already written about the process of migrating from a company viewpoint; the article is the cover story on the March Linux Journal. There's also some information in my article on the Techwr-l site. Although the article is a little outdated. now, I think it answers most of your other questions.

As for the final question, OOo has an active User's list which, as at least one person has pointed out, is better than most technical support. However, for those who want a traditional support contract, you can get one from Sun Microsystems.

Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com

RE: My New tcolumn: From: Erika Yanovich