ISD Try #2

Subject: ISD Try #2
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:46:30 -0600

"And the sky is gray, I've been out for a walk on a winters day..."

Gray, gray, gray is my world. The first 30 hits of Spreadbury's suggested search engine did not give me what I need, and while Posada's article was interesting, it was also not what I needed.

Somehow ISD relates to Instructional Design. Somehow, somehow, but how? I know ISD has implications in how we now create software (as only a small component of ISD) by a practiced standard (a GUI interface follows certain protocols, whether it's Open Source or Windows-based; a dialog box looks a certain way, etc.)

This is kind of what I'm looking for, but in much greater depth for an interview:

"survey of engineering design methods, principles of ecological design, the role of human sciences in the design of work domains, organizational considerations, human-system interactions, human error, methodologies to assist the design process, ethnographic field studies and empirical evaluation."

Michele, the original Nutra Sweet model circa 1980 (Is that why I'm having an ISD panic attack? All that sugar?)

--
Michele

I got out of Babylon, but there was no Zion. No Promised Land.
www.krautgrrl.com

David Spreadbury wrote:

Try http://vivisimo.com. I got 189 hits with Integrated System Design.

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com