follow-up on elance

Subject: follow-up on elance
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:03:55 -0500

Someone--I forgot who--posted last week asking for experiences with elance and got several negative responses.

As I've mentioned in the past, I've used emoonlighter.com to obtain freelance graphic services and been happy with the results. I learned today that they have either changed their name to or been acquired by guru.com.

I don't know if the quality of their service is affected by this change, and I have never dealt with them as a provider, only as a buyer. However I did just go to their new home page and notice the following categories under the Writing / Editing / Translation heading:

Creative Writing/Editing; Technical Writing/Editing; Copy Writing/Editing; Grant/Proposal Writing; Article/News/Press Release Writing; Resume Writing; Song/Poem Writing; Report Writing; Screen/Script Writing; Speech Writing; Web Content Writing; Book Writing; Translation

So if you are interested in being a provider of one or more of those services, you could review portfolios of and correspond with some of the current providers. Interestingly, the site lists the amount earned by each individual through the service, so you can get an idea of how successful this has been for them.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

ROBOHELP IS THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as, content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate. http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com