Re: finally! a non-economics question!

Subject: Re: finally! a non-economics question!
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:49:05 -0500

Wright, Lynne wrote:
> Ok wordsmiths...
> I'm editing a manual by a writer who keeps using "associate to"...
> i've seen it so many times, I can't tell any more whether its
> acceptable usage not... as in the following statement:
> "Use this section to associate telephone lines to access buttons."
> it always "associate... with"?

It's correct. "Associate to" means something different than "associate
with." Usually it's referring to a formal, logical, programmed

Bonnie Granat

New RoboHelp X5 includes all new features such as,
content management, multi-author support, distributed
workforce support, XML and PDF support, and much more!

Purchase new Macromedia RoboHelp X5 by March 31st and receive a
$100 mail-in rebate.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com

finally! a non-economics question!: From: Wright, Lynne