RE: Proofreading

Subject: RE: Proofreading
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:09:05 -0600

Hi,

I need a better understanding of what the "problem" is or what you're really
asking.

When you say "proposed tasks," who proposed it? Your manager, another
manager, you?

Do the initiators think they need someone to proofread? Have they requested
that you do this? Do you need to sell them on your services?

Do you have time to keep up with this daily task?

Is it as simple as getting you on the distribution list so that you are
informed when a procedure is ready?

Is there enough time in the document development cycle between the initiator
saying "I'm done with this document" and the audience needing it?

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
RoboHelp MVP - http://www.helpcommunity.ehelp.com/robohelp/mvp/who.shtm
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com
email: phanson at quintrex.com
Still using a red pen after all the discussion on this list . . .

<snip>
> one of my proposed tasks is to proofread ALL of the revisions submitted
> before they are given final approval.
> I feel that it is up to the initiator to proofread their own revisions;
> however, another co-worker suggested that the production department should
> proofread the procedures.
<snip>

ROBOHELP FOR FRAMEMAKER AS LOW AS $299! Offer expires March 31.
Publish your FrameMaker documents online -- quickly and easily!

New licenses are only $899 for one and $499 for additional licenses.
Use a competitor's product? Switch to RoboHelp for FrameMaker
for only $299! Buy today: CALL 1-800-462-4420 or 1 858-847-7900.
Hurry, offer expires March 31 2004.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com