RE: painting attics

Subject: RE: painting attics
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 08:21:07 -0800

Wouldn't insurance and liability have been an issue for a contracting
techwriter up a ladder with a can of paint?

That is probably very true. As I have mentioned before, my son sells used books on He has about 100,000 used books in his warehouse. Recently, an office worker got hurt when he tripped and fell through a window. Daryl told me that if the same employee had gotten hurt in the warehouse (or a warehouse employee is hurt in the offices), that Workman's compensation would not have covered the injury.

Other states may have different laws, but I would hate to fall off of a ladder to find out.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ? FREE!

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit:

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com