RE: Re: Tech writers, comments about.

Subject: RE: Re: Tech writers, comments about.
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:01:06 -0500

Karen E. Black [mailto:kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com] suggested:
> Donna wrote:
> > > Or maybe I shall lob small animals at him with a
> > > catapult and taunt with an
> > > outrageous French accent: "Your mother is a hamster,
> > > and your father smelled
> > > of elderberries."

> And k k <turnleftatnowhere -at- yahoo -dot- com> offered:
> >I have a surgical-tubing-powered model that will fit
> >your needs. Stands about 4 feet high, weighs about 35
> >pounds, and will launch an "arrow" made from plastic
> >tubing and tennis balls about 90 yards on a good day.
> >Perfect for making non-lethal debating points. :-)

> Of course it comes with a 1 lb/454 g user/training manual and
> hardware setup
> instructions...

A young cow-orker (24) built a working model trebuchet
for one of his engineering classes, and successfully
launched a variety of objects with it. He had expressed
a desire to build the full-scale beast and test it with
scrap washing machines and the like. I volunteered to
write and illustrate the user docs and maintenance manuals.

However, after getting the marks he sought in his course,
and landing a full-time job with us, he somehow lost interest
in the upscaling project. Something about time and money and
other inconsequentials of that nature. Oh well. I probably
didn't need an unpaid techwriting gig, though it would
have looked kewl in my portfolio.

/kevin

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES March 31!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com