Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 16:27:03 -0500

When Posada stated that you shouldn't be talking about the economy in an interview, well sometimes you can't get around it. Since my husband is interviewing ONLY because his job is being offshore outsourced when he is asked why he's leaving his company he doesn't want to lie and say something that is not applicable. He's a hard worker, has been at the same company four years and needs to say his job is going to India.

I think I stated on this list at some point that I'm moving away from strictly technical writing and into other areas of writing, simply because Minneapolis has been hard hit within the techie community. And Accenture? Who would WANT to work for them where 90 hour weeks are the norm? That gives me chills, yuck. I might as well finish my law school degree if I'm gonna work 90 hours a week on a salary!

For myself, I was asked specifically by the person that interviewed with me about the TWing economy. He reads the Wall Street Journal, and saw my name, which is why he came to call upon me for editing work.

Michele

--
Michele

"Not allowed to sing 'High Speed Dirt' by Megadeth during airborne operations." ('See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker')
Quoted from a military blog
www.krautgrrl.com

Peter Swisher wrote:

I actually meant "Harvard" University, not "Hamburgler" University. I don't
know how I could have committed such a bad typo. Must be the late Friday
carpal tunnil acting up. :) Just kidding.

Have a great weekend...

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com