Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY

Subject: Re: FUNNY OFFSHORE STORY
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:31:58 -0500

Interesting. Well, I just talked to my husband about this. The body language of each of the people we interviewed with indicated that they thought we were both nuts for saying the economy was in a downturn. Mine was for a contract, and, of course, I have no idea what the other people were bidding for a per hour rate.

We both decided that we didn't want to work with people that were so out of touch with reality. I sincerely disagree with the other respondents that said the interviewer was playing a game, I believe that the interviewers were sincerely shocked that work hasn't been flowing like it used to. In addition we have a major Fortune 100 company in Minneapolis that is laying off their entire IT Department and hiring Accenture to come in to do the IT work---so there will be more out of work techies in our area and as I stated in my original post, way less to choose from.

Michele

--
Michele

"Not allowed to sing 'High Speed Dirt' by Megadeth during airborne operations." ('See the earth below/Soon to make a crater/Blue sky, black death, I'm off to meet my maker')
Quoted from a military blog
www.krautgrrl.com

T. Word Smith wrote:

Rats.

I mean, I don't interview all the time, so am no good
at it.

Why can't we just tell each other how it is, negotiate
a middle ground for compensation, and get about making
docs?

... I don't get why not?

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com