PR/TW Help

Subject: PR/TW Help
From: "Krysta J. Nibe" <krystajo -at- iastate -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:32:44 -0500

Hello,
First of all, I would like to thank you all for the interesting and sometimes entertaining information you post on this list.

I am a graduate student working on a major paper and thesis at the same time. I am investigating the role that public relations plays in a tech writer's job. More specifically, I have been reading material that promotes technical writers helping the company out when it comes to public relations writing - especially for technical press releases.

Do any of you have experience in public relations? Have you ever been asked to step in and help with press releases or other public relations projects? In your opinion, would technical writers benefit from public relations training in addition to technical writing training?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Krysta Nibe
Rhetoric, Composition and Professional Communication
Iowa State University

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION!!
Have you tried the latest in Help Authoring from RoboHelp?
Try ROBOHELP X5 for Free - Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
Download a free trial today: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l4

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com