ADMIN: Misuse of TECHWR-L

Subject: ADMIN: Misuse of TECHWR-L
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:25:05 -0600

All,

It's come to my attention that some (many?) of you have received
email from a Edwin van den Dungen, promoting an online help
authoring tool. It appears that Edwin has taken email addresses
from TECHWR-L postings and (completely in violation of the TECHWR-L
Terms of Service) spammed quite a few of you.

I'm sure that I'll hear from him shortly. In the meantime, please
accept my apologies--we expect that people play by the rules, and
I always find it offensive when they don't.

If you do receive this email, I'd suggest that you visit the
site and use the contact information available there to let this
company know that you don't appreciate their actions. (I'm
not advocating mailbombing--just providing appropriate feedback.)

Please let me know if you get these messages from Edwin...I cannot
promise a response to you, though, because of the volume of
complaints I'm already getting.

Eric

ROBOHELP X5 - ALL NEW VERSION. Now with Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more!
PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th! Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com