Re: Framemaker to HTML conversion using Quadralay Webworks

Subject: Re: Framemaker to HTML conversion using Quadralay Webworks
From: "T. Word Smith" <techwordsmith -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:36:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- Mike Gemmell <mikegemmell -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in need of some help on a Framemaker to HTML
> conversion project. I am
> using Quadralay's webworks in conjunction with Frame
> 6.0

Which version of WebWorks?

> on a Windows 98
> system, and have been able to produce some output,
> but it needs significant
> cleanup. I am having trouble getting a timely
> response from Quadralay's
> technical support team, and need to finish this
> early next week.

In my experience, they turn around support responses
in 48 hours.

> Some of the problems I am having include:
> rasterized graphics. Tech support sent me to URL,
> but I don't see any
> information relating to my question.

Can you clarify that? What URL? What was the question?
Did you ask Quadralay to clarify?

> headers and footers not appearing properly in HTML
> conversion document.

What conversion document? Your output? If your
headers/footers are on the master pages, WWP will
ignore them. WWP ignores the reference pages too. Want
footers? Modify the ASP template pages in the WWP
Support directory.

> Table formatting problems in tables containing
> graphics within individual
> cells

What issues? Why not put the graphics in anchored
frames?

> Also, if anyone knows whether there is shareware for
> this product, I would
> be interested, since my download is for evaluation
> only.

There is only the download. You could ask Q to extend
that. And, now that I see you have the eval version,
this might be the source of the graphics problem: the
eval version affects graphics output as a part of it's
"eval process." I have had graphics in tables in the
full version, and the output is fine.

> If you think you have some time to discuss this,
> please contact me at the
> address below:
>
> Mike Gemmell
> (562) 434-3939
> mikegemmell -at- earthlink -dot- net

I'm too busy and too employed to discuss this offlist
or in-person. Try a consultant like www.knopf.com or
www.travelthepath.com for some specific help and
information offlist.

=====
T.

"Money makes the world go 'round is an incomplete statement; money is the fuel, and stupidity is the short bus that burns it." (Bill Swallow-02/04)

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash

PLUS Great discounts on RoboHelp training. OFFER EXPIRES April 30th!
Call 1-800-358-9370 or visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com