RE: STC Newsletter Competition

Subject: RE: STC Newsletter Competition
From: "Diane Boos" <dboos -at- drizzle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:00:15 -0700

<quote>Any statistics on how many entries there were from
outside North America?
</quote>
I've just spent the last few minutes when I should be knocking out at paper
due Friday looking for those statistics. I didn't find them. I'm not saying
they aren't there; I just didn't find them.

<quote>In our recent offshoring discussions, there have been a lot of
comments
about the quality of documentation coming out from India. Given that
background, I couldn't help being surprised and impressed by the fact that
this newsletter from India competed with 30 odd contestants from North
America to get a Distinguished award.
</quote>
Something I found interesting about the Indus newsletter, which doesn't show
in the the competitions. I did an article, How To Be A Progammer Writer, for
the SoundOff. They picked that up to republish. When I've looked at their
newsletter, I've been impressed by their efforts to inform their members and
help them be effective technical writers.
Diane

>From a single set of Word documents, create quality printed documentation,
HTML Help, cross-platform HTML, WinHelp and JavaHelp, with ComponentOne's
DoctoHelp 7 Professional, http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com