RE: Word 2000 WINWORD error

Subject: RE: Word 2000 WINWORD error
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 09:06:11 -0700

Try saving the Word doc as an rtf and see if he can open that without
crashing.

Otherwise, I've found that it's most often the images that cause hidden
problems as they bring their own set of potential problems in. Try
deleting them and see if that helps (can I assume you placed them, not
copied them into the file ;-) If this works, as there are so few images,
you wouldn't have too much trouble standardizing/recreating them in
Photoshop and reinserting.

If that doesn't work, it may be a font or style problem. Every paragraph
in the entire document should have a custom style attached to it. Delete
all other styles that you can wrestle away from Word, including
character styles ... then, search for 'Normal' and fix problems. Cross
fingers.

Ah, tables... let's not go there yet! You did mention 'lots of tables'
... sigh.

Good luck.

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

A colleague and I have been editing a document for several weeks. It
contains a lot of tables, 8 or so jpgs, and is 1.8 KB in size.
Yesterday, I "baselined" the document and put it on the public drive,
and when my colleague went to open it, it crashed his Word. I can open
it just fine.

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com