RE: Word Question

Subject: RE: Word Question
From: "Bill Darnall" <darcom -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:28:37 -0700

Please forgive me everyone since Word is not my forte, Frame is, but I

have a Word cunundrum. I am placing graphics inline with text, but I
need figure tag lines underneath the graphic. I'm not sure how I do
that and keep it with the graphic WITHOUT anchoring. Ugh. Don't tell
me I have to anchor. I hate anchoring.
--
Michele

You can use a text box within a text box. Use one for the illustration
and one for the caption.

Turn on the DRAW menu bar.

Use a large text box to position and hold your illustration. Add a
second text box (below your illo?) for your caption. You can set the
line colors to "none" in the text box properties. Then, with the
drawing menu bar on, use the arrow to select the larger text box. This
will also select the smaller caption text box. Point to Draw and
select "group."

Now you have a text box with your picture and caption that can be
anchored or moved (together).

Bill D.

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com