Re: Word Question

Subject: Re: Word Question
From: suzy -dot- davis -at- doi -dot- vic -dot- gov -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:52:43 +1000

----- Forwarded by Suzy Davis/CORE/DOI on 28/06/04 10:52 AM -----

Suzy Davis
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
28/06/04 10:45 AM cc:
Subject: Re: Word Question(Document link: Suzy Davis)

Hi Michele

Anchoring is only going to be a problem if you lock your anchor to an
arbitrary paragraph. Anchoring a floating graphic is the only way to keep
it in place, so it is worth learning how to do it.

If the paragraph marks aren't visible - you are working 'blind', so turn
them on (Tools | Options | View)

Follow your graphic with a couple of Normal styled paragraphs (paragraphs
without space above and below, and have body text font size). You will see
why later.

Click in the paragraph mark at the end of your graphic. Create your text
box with the 'figure tag line', and drag it where you want it to go.

Making sure that the arrow tool in your Drawing toolbar is not selected,
click and drag your anchor to be next to the graphic.
Lock the anchor - Format | TextBox | Layout (tab) | Advanced and click the
"Lock Anchor" checkbox. Click OK. Then in the 'Layout' window, select "In
Front of Text". Click OK

Your textbox is now anchorded to the paragraph with the inline graphic, and
the 'Normal' paragraphs provide the space gap for the textbox, so that it
doesn't overlap the paragraph text that needs to follow it.

If you need to create more 'Normal' paragraphs to create more space for the
text box (so that it isn't overlapping your text beneath the graphic),
click in one of the Normal styled paragraphs created earlier and press
Enter a few more times. As the anchor is locked to the paragraph which
includes the inline grapic it won't move the anchor unless you click in the
'inline graphic' paragarph mark and press Enter there, then you will move
the paragraph mark with the anchor, which will in turn move your text box.

Most people either don't lock their anchors, or they lock them wherever
they might be. I find that my floating graphics are always stable as long
as I lock the anchor to the paragraph immediately preceding the floating
graphic. It is never stable if I lock the graphic to a paragraph mark
below the floating graphic.

Hope this helps
Suzy

Michele Davis
<michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com> To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent by: cc:
bounce-techwr-l-165345 -at- lists -dot- Subject: Word Question
raycomm.com

26/06/04 08:56 AM
Please respond to Michele
Davis

Please forgive me everyone since Word is not my forte, Frame is, but I
have a Word cunundrum. I am placing graphics inline with text, but I
need figure tag lines underneath the graphic. I'm not sure how I do that
and keep it with the graphic WITHOUT anchoring. Ugh. Don't tell me I
have to anchor. I hate anchoring.

Well, I hope someone can provide some valuage feedback. Oh, I'm running
OS W2000 and Word2000.

--
Michele

the bitch blog has moved, email me for the new address
www.krautgrrl.com

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error. If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com