What information needs to be in a Technical Manual?

Subject: What information needs to be in a Technical Manual?
From: "Nadine Underwood" <nadine -dot- underwood -at- orchard-systems -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:11:26 +0100

Hi

I have been tasked with creating a Technical Manual for a web hosted
application. All of my experience is in User Guides / System Admin
Guides etc. I have little experience, if any, in writing technical
documentation for technical users. Does anyone have any pointers on the
topics it should contain etc etc. Any guidance would be gratefully
received.

Thanks Nadine

Nadine Underwood
Orchard Information Systems Limited, Newcastle Technopole,
Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
Registered in England, Number 1900078
Tel: +44 (0)191-203 2500 Fax: +44 (0)191-230 2515
http://www.orchard-systems.co.uk <http://www.orchard-systems.co.uk/>

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com