Accounting Firm Audit Methodology vs. Technical Writing Research Styles

Subject: Accounting Firm Audit Methodology vs. Technical Writing Research Styles
From: Anthony <italian_scribbles -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:12:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

I've just secured a contract to hire position with a
moderately sized accounting firm who does a great deal
of risk management consulting by auditing a firm's
internal controls, IT department, SOX compliance, etc.
I secured the job based on my IT background,
experience documenting accounting/financial processes,
SOX experience, and research background.

While I am certain I can do the job, I got the
distinct impression that accounting firms and audit
companies like this one carry out their audits very
differently than I used to in my past consulting
engagements which often amounted to simply picking a
random spot to start digging and begin searching for
data. My assumption is that they are highly organized
and very structured. Which means the job should be
much easier to follow compared to the more random
digging TWs often do.

Does anyone have any experience with accounting firms
and/or audit companies that can describe the
differences I can expect?

Thanks for your time and attention.

- Anthony

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail