RE: Chapter Overviews

Subject: RE: Chapter Overviews
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:15:14 -0400

I always try to give my users what they ask for, whether or not they use it.
End-user documentation has multiple purposes, including sales and marketing.
Wade's suggestion to send the question through Customer Service, Field
Service, and Sales is right on the money.

Of course, I also give them what I think they will use, whether or not they
ask for it (unless I think it'll annoy them).

Donna's complaint that she "already has enough work to do" is certainly
germane. Maybe the one-sentence descriptions can be set up as fields from
the first sentence in each chapter. That way, both changes in content and
changes in chapter order would be automatically reflected in the "About This
Book" section.

Dan Goldstein

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com