Re: The STC and me

Subject: Re: The STC and me
From: John Fleming <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:56:09 -0600

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:31:25 +0000, while chained to a desk in the
scriptorium, bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com (Bruce Byfield) wrote:
> $John Fleming wrote:
> $
> $| I've always felt one of my strengths as a technical writer is that I do
> $| have a technical background.
> $
> $It definitely helps :->
> $
> $What I can't understand is the number of technical writers who not only
> $don't have one, but don't make any attempt to get one.

I've always found my technical background invaluable--both as a writer
and as a researcher. I find the more I know about my topic, the more
effective I can be.

So I try and continue to learn.

Sure, the learning takes a bit of time, but the payoff is enormous.

John Fleming
Technical Writer
Edmonton, Alberta

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com