Re: Documenting the undocumentable (humor, sort of)

Subject: Re: Documenting the undocumentable (humor, sort of)
From: written_by -at- juno -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:22:50 -0600

> Thought I'd pass this one along, not because the documentation is
> bad--it's actually quite clear--but as one more data point on why
> programmers and engineers should never be allowed to design user
> interfaces:

I do not know what you are talking about. Did you forget a link?

I found an example of unclear and curious instructions/warnings in the
documentation that came with my new washing machine. There is a label on
the underside of the lid that warns me to never dry any clothing that has
ever been contaminated with oil (including cooking oil) in the dryer. No
such warning in the dryer documentation.

I wonde why I have never read anything like this before. Is this an
example of documentation that has been rewritten by the lawyers?

Bob

Get your name as your email address.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com