Re: Documenting the undocumentable (humor, sort of)

Subject: Re: Documenting the undocumentable (humor, sort of)
From: Keri Morgret <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:47:36 -0800

I have an old washer(at least 10-15 years old, bought at the thrift store), and it has a similar warning. I seem to remember the washing machine we used when I was growing up had that same warning, though I'm not positive. As to why not on the dryer, I don't know. Maybe because the door is on the ground and off to the side instead of at eye level? A lot easier to read on the washing machine while loading things.

Keri Morgret

I found an example of unclear and curious instructions/warnings in the
documentation that came with my new washing machine. There is a label on
the underside of the lid that warns me to never dry any clothing that has
ever been contaminated with oil (including cooking oil) in the dryer. No
such warning in the dryer documentation.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com