Liability and errors and omissions insurance

Subject: Liability and errors and omissions insurance
From: "Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:22:52 -0700

Regarding liability insurance and errors and omissions:

I can speak for the state of Illinois and the state of Arizona. In both
states it was strongly advised by legal counsel to have this coverage.

It is part of operating costs. I've never needed to use it, but I've never
needed to use my homeowner's insurance, either. I wouldn't want to be in any
situation without it.

To define liability insurance: this insurance covers accident, including
physical car accidents on the client's site. It includes unusual stuff your
regular car insurance may not include. There is, usually, overlap.

Many large companies absolutely require this kind of coverage. Not only
that, you have to furnish proof of this insurance, as well as proof of
worker's compensation insurance for some of them. Medium and small companies
don't seem to care very much about this. I have responded to bids in which
furnishing all this proof was part of the package with a steep deadline, so
it was handy to have it in a nice, neat folder.

Sherry
Sherry Michaels
Michaels & Associates, LLC
11639 E. Wethersfield Rd.