RE: Carpal Tunnel

Subject: RE: Carpal Tunnel
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: 21 Sep 2004 16:47:47 GMT

John,

I have been saved from typing CTS by the fact that I
am one of the world's fastest two-finger typists, and
from power tool CTS by the fact that I never seem to
be able to complete a home improvement project without
shedding blood (and hence, have been barred by my wife
from touching any power tool beyond a drilldriver and
a power sander).

Mousing is another matter, especially when doing CAD
and illustration work. The best advice I can offer is
to take lots of breaks, vary the position of your mousing
arm as much as possible, and consider some of the many
alternate input devices available.

You might also consider cultivating an interest in more
traditional woodworking techniques. :)

Gene Kim-Eng