Re: Carpal Tunnel Excuses

Subject: Re: Carpal Tunnel Excuses
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

> So the question is this: is CTS a real problem or do people have
> other problems and are using CTS as a convenient excuse? Was CTS
> a syndrome developed at Harvard Law School or is it truly a
> legitimate issue?

I also never experienced the symptoms until the day that I did. If
that day never comes for you, cool.

I'm beginning to think that it could be a combination of several
elements occuring at the same time; since January and until 9/1, I've
working at a keyboard over 12 hours a day, five to six days a week,
and for the last month, long sessions with large power tools that
cause a great deal of vibration. From what I understand, each of
these alone is a common cause of the problem.

I say this because I have not been using power tools for the last two
days and this morning was the first morning that I woke up without my
hand being dumb.

BTW...I cannot even count the number of responses that I've received
both on and off list since I posted the question. I cannot thank each
of you individualy, so to everyone who has, thank you.

I want to expecially thank Rob for the great HarborFreight
(http://www.harborfreight.com/) Power Tools web site.

=====
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer