Re: Adobe GoLive?

Subject: Re: Adobe GoLive?
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:51:14 -0500

At 10:18 AM -0500 2004/11/01, Geoff Hart wrote:

I obtained a copy of GoLive, Adobe's Web site tool.

I'm already using an older version (4) of Dreamweaver, which is a decent tool despite its quirks, but would be interested in hearing comparisons or war stories from those who are already using GoLive. Can you think of any reason to switch, or would it be simpler and more time-effective to just upgrade Dreamweaver to the latest MX release when I free up some spare cash?

I used GoLive for a short onsite contract a year or two ago. It's OK, but I didn't fall in love with it.

On the other hand, I recently upgraded my Dreamweaver from v2 to MX2004 and I am seriously impressed. Most of the irritating quirks seem to be gone, and I haven't noticed any new ones (except for Macromedia's absurd new licensing scheme* <sigh>). I've been using the new version for a couple of months, now, and it's great.

--
K@
Kat Nagel

Dreamweaver 2 could be installed on both a desktop and a laptop computer, with no restriction on operating system. My desktop computer is Windows, my laptop is a Mac. No problem with v.2. Dreamweaver MX 2004 can still be installed on both a desktop and a laptop unit, but they must both run the *same* operating system. Ack! Ptui!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com