Errors & Omissions

Subject: Errors & Omissions
From: "Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:07:19 -0700

I took Greg's question offline to give him company names, but for general
consumption if you shop for E&O here's the info:

You want an insurance company that is rated by A.M. Best as A+ or above (it
can go to A++). The higher the rating, the more likely they are to withstand
claims and handle them well. Also, many liability insurance companies
"bundle" the E&O with other liabilities such as client site accident
insurance and loss of office information and equipment insurance. I didn't
need those, but couldn't get E&O without it, so took the bundle. E&O is
vital to my company's business; there are some corporations I simply can't
do business with unless I have it, so I'll pay for the bundle to make sure I
have it. At least once per year, some corporate entity asks me for proof, as
did one this week.

Be prepared for a good size bill. Mine started 6 years ago at $650 for a
$1,500 deductible per claim, and now (because time and your revenues push it
up) it's up considerably higher. Believe it or not, 9/11 pushed premiums up
by 15% or more. My premium now is around $2,255.00 per year, with a $1000
deductible. I don't know what yours will be. Happy shopping! It's a bit like
shopping for tires; very expensive and no joy in the expense, but you pay
for the safety aspects. :)

Sherry
Sherry Michaels
Michaels & Associates, LLC