Re: Defeating the evil that is Marketing <g>

Subject: Re: Defeating the evil that is Marketing <g>
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:21:56 -0500

David Neeley wrote:

On the other hand, Geoff, if left to the engineers products might
never ship until they are "perfect."

I think David meant to say, "if left to the tech writers...." The engineers I've worked with have always stressed that a large aspect of their job is determining the best tradeoff among quality, cost, deadline, and risk. They like to get it right; but engineers are trained not be perfectionists. They know there is no such thing as an exact measurement and they apply that principle generally. As a community of tech writers, we know, I think, that we have more than our fair share of perfectionists among us.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com