Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:17:27 -0500

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:01:14 -0800, James Barrow <vrfour -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

The other 10% were not acted upon at the time I brought them up, but
later adopted when the stakeholders pulled their heads out of the
clouds...or other places better left unsaid:^)

I sometimes wonder if I helped invent any of the ways things are now
with suggestions I made eons ago. In 1969 I suggested that software
ought to be able to read the model number and possibly the serial
number of peripheral equipment. Didn't happen. We had to ask the
user to identify the device via the keyboard. Now there's prug and
pray. Did I start that? Who nose...

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com