RE: XML editors?

Subject: RE: XML editors?
From: "Nagai, Paul" <pnagai -at- inovant -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:00:50 -0800

> Good question! I haven't used a truly WYSIWYG XML editing environment,
> so it's hard to say. If the WYSIWYGgery comes at the expense of being
> able to use different DTDs and stylesheets, then I'd say no. Otherwise,
> WYSIWYG should make the product easier to use for newbies, I would
> think.

On the other hand, the *absence* of WYSIWYG may speed the shift in thinking authoring in a structured environment requires.

Screen feedback of some sort is, of course, desireable. Even programmers, superusers, and the like don't want to do ALL their XML work in an ASCII editor. Arbortext (makers of Epic Editor), say WYSIWYN where N = "Need." Ha ha. Cute. But that said, if you can't see page breaks, widows, orphans, and imbalanced columns, you can't worry about them either.

Content content content.

------
Paul Nagai

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com