RE: Document Distribution

Subject: RE: Document Distribution
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:35:14 -0800

Great suggestions. The company intranet is also a good place to have these
changes listed along with links to the actual pdfs.... The intranet should
be the default home page for all computers and the browser should open
automatically when the computer is turned on... and for a large company,
each department or specialized area may have it's own home page or at least
a 'critical updates/notification' area (database-driven?). Maybe a audio
"You have new procedure updates ..." ;-))

I developed one intranet interface for a department that needed the
procedures front and center at all times--they bought second monitors for
everyone just to have the online procedure manual visible at all times.

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

kathleen -dot- parrott -at- ngc -dot- com wrote:
> We have found, however, that the actual users are
> not getting the message that the process has changed.
Sounds like a job for a CRM application. Basic functions of CRM may
include:
- Documents published in categorized folders.
- Automatic notification when a document is published or updated.
- Users may subscribe to notifications only from specific folders.
- Users have a user profile where they may specify how/when they want to be
notified. By email? Fax? SMS? Do they want all notifications as they occur,
or do they want a weekly digest?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com