Re: Been googling lately?

Subject: Re: Been googling lately?
From: Greg Holmes <greg -dot- holmes -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:26:20 -0500

An Anonymous Poster wrote:

>I can state for a fact that I have received in the
>past a resume from one of our more disputatious fellow
>list members, and I filed it in the circular bin
>immediately.

(snip)

>Fellow members near and far: Remember that next time
>you insist on having the last word (many times over, I
>might add) or duking it out in a very ugly manner on
>the message board. It really DOES matter. I had to
>finally say it. I have been waiting for someone else
>to say it in my place for a long time. Since it hasn't
>happened, here it is.

Well, so be it. I don't know who you're talking
about, so I can't have much of an opinion on the wisdom
of your decision. At least if it involves his/her comments
here, it *might* be relevant :).

I was mainly talking about the idea that we should
avoid debate and controversy altogether because of
the online trail that it leaves. The fact is, I have
an online history that I can't erase, and I hope to
get wiser and kinder over time, not the reverse, so
why stop posting now? ;) Better to swamp the old
stuff with pearls of wisdom. Um, I'll start tomorrow ...

Greg Holmes

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com