Re: Temporary/Contract work

Subject: Re: Temporary/Contract work
From: "Phillip St. James" <saint0 -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:52:59 -0800

Possible, but not likely, Mike. Tech writing IMHO is something that most
developers detest or are not very good at. Many developers are not native
US English speakers, and most of the rest look at liberal arts writing as
beneath them in favor of a hard science-only background.

Those of us who have sound footing in both areas have usually been able to
find steady work. I feel that the off-shoring disorientation and the slowly
recovering high tech downturn are the real culprits here.

-phillip

on 12/8/04 2:07 PM, Mike O. wrote:

> How's this for a theory: Perhaps employers who need to produce very
> technical documentation have given up on us and no longer recruit from
> the "technical writer" labor pool.
>
> Mike O.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com