Re: Info on API documentation

Subject: Re: Info on API documentation
From: "Janet Swisher" <swisher -at- enthought -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:16:57 -0600

"Prashant Paigude" <prashant_paigude -at- persistent -dot- co -dot- in> wrote:

> I'm seeking guidelines and reference material on API Documentation.
> I've googled without much success. Pointers from you will be
> appreciated.

Your request is a bit vague, so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Sun's article on "How to Write Doc Comments for the Javadoc Tool" can be
generalized to address style issues for API documentation for a variety of
programming languages.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingdoccomments/

You might be interested in the "Documenting APIs and SDKs" workshop from
Gordon&Gordon. You can attend a live workshop or get the course on DVD.
http://www.gordonandgordon.com/api_workshop_details.html

Hope that helps,
Janet Swisher
Senior Technical Writer