RE: Desperate Word 2000 Index/SEQ field prob

Subject: RE: Desperate Word 2000 Index/SEQ field prob
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:22:11 -0000

After taking a look at some sample files, I found the problem. I'm repeating
the solution here in case anybody else has the same problem.

In the chapter documents, the page numbers were formatted with "Include
Chapter number" and the chapter number based on Heading 2. This interfered
with the recognition by the index field of the SEQ field using the \s
switch.

The chapter based formatting wasn't needed as the page numbers in the footer
were made up of a reference to the SEQ field as well as a PAGE field.

I provided the following directions to remove the chapter formatting

- Open a chapter document
- Go to Insert, Page Numbers
- Click the Format button
- Uncheck the "Include chapter number" checkbox, then click OK
- Click Close to close the main page numbering dialog (Do NOT click OK! If
you do, and additional textbox cntaining the page number will be inserted
into the header or footer)
- Save & close the file.

Repeat for each chapter in turn.

Then open the index file and update the index. All will now be well.

Adrienne has confirmed that this fixed it.

Regards
Jonathan West

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com