RE: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the number of pages...

Subject: RE: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the number of pages...
From: Tony Markos <ajmarkos -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:23:05 -0800 (PST)

The heck with using page counts and/or topics for
estimating. In one of my most productive TW
assignments, it took me almost three weeks to create
nine smaller size paragraphs - all under the same
topic. (Note: Productivity involves quantity AND
quality.)

In a project that today I am embarrassed of, I
probably averaged about 3 to 5 pages a day (over 4 to
5 months) - and (best guess) one topic per page.

Also the heck with books and classes on estimating.

Tony Markos

--- Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com> wrote:

I think you are confusing planning the document or
help with page numbers as productivity.

To figure out how long it's going to take to
generate the manual or help for a product, you MUST
estimate how many (and which)topics you are writing
about. You multiply that count by the number of
pages per topic, on average. Then you figure out how
long it takes to write a topic of that length,
and.....

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com